Thursday, September 10, 2015

life, change & everything that comes with it

I always thought that living in Hawaii, I woudn't want anything more (like hello I'm living in paradise!). But. . .  I couldn't be more wrong. Its funny the things you take for granted. . . where you live, who you spend your time with, food you eat, etc etc. I miss things I've never even thought I would. I miss Mcdonalds and my mom's home made meals. I miss driving and walmart being 2 minutes away. We always want change, but we don't know what we're wishing for. I miss my saratoga life more than I can explain. All I want is familiar faces and familiar places. I wanna go to high school football games and see EVERYONE from school around town. I wanna spend all day driving around with friends. I could go on and on, but what I'm trying to say is don't focus so much on the life you wish you had, but focus more on the life you're living. You'll find that your life is perfect just the way it is. I wish it didn't take an ocean and a 3,000 mile distance for me to realize that. Don't get me wrong, hawaii is a dream, but the only thing I want is to be with my best friends and family. Of course I'm making new friends and family here, but I know it'll never be the same. It's hard to settle in and find people who do things the same way and like the same things you do.
Just a word of advice to all you kids still at home and in high school: Life life to its fullest. Party harder than ever and hug your friends more than you need to. Do things outside your comfort zone, break rules and make memories. Cause one day you'll wake up and life will be completely different, everyone leaves and you'll have to start over, make new friends in a new place. (Believe me it's a lot harder than it looks) Make the most of everyday and enjoy every moment of life. Live without any regrets. My good friend mr. maurice taught me to only do what makes you happy (s/o westlake fam). TRUTH.
That is all kids.



No comments:

Post a Comment