Sunday, August 9, 2015

sandy toes & a salty nose





Most adventures consist of boarding through the campus and somehow end at the beach. Most days I go right after class, with friends and sometimes without. People give me weird looks when I'm alone, but it's hawaii, I don't mind too much. The sand is hot and the water is perfect- you don't have to warm up to it, but it's cold enough to cool you off. 






The foamy, blue water is amazing... until you get it in your mouth. I always expect it to be freshwater (must be a Utah thing) but the salt catches me off guard every time and I usually end up cringing and spitting everywhere haha.
 
I don't think I could ever get tired of coming here though. The waves at hukilau, the kind that almost throw you at the shore, are my favorite. Just being in the ocean is the best feeling. 
About 4 or 5 months ago, my mom and I were @ hobby lobby. This sign caught my eye and I begged my mom to get it for me... she told me if I ended up going to BYUH she would get it for me. Well what do you know, a few months later I opened it as a gift on my birthday. It's now hanging on my wall in my dorm and it's my favorite. Not because it's cute, but mostly cause it's true. I'll never get tired of living here. I LOVE THE BEACH <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment